Friday, July 01, 2022

Dead Show/podcast for 7/1/22

Summertime.. and the livin' is easy... 

This week I decided to bring you a show from the summer tour of 1990, one of my favorites.. this comes to us from Eugene Oregon from June 23, 1990. A fine afternoon show, Little Feat was the opening act and the fans were treated to what I think is a great display of the band at this period of time. 

A powerful 'Feel Like a Stranger' opens things up, then Jerry gets a little funky (and sloppy with lyrics) with a 'West LA Fadeaway'. 'Me and My Uncle' transitions into a (rare for the year) 'Cumberland Blues' .. instead of the usual 'Big River'. Brent brings out 'Far From Me' another unusual choice, then Jerry plays a nice 'They Love Each Other'. Following Weir's 'Cassidy', 'Tennessee Jed' leads into a rocking 'Promised Land' to close the first set. 

 

Grateful Dead
Autzen Stadium - University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 6/23/1990 - Saturday

One    

Feel Like A Stranger
West L.A. Fadeaway
Me And My Uncle >
Cumberland Blues
Far From Me
They Love Each Other
Cassidy
Tennessee Jed >
The Promised Land  

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here: 

http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod070122.mp3 

Have a safe and Happy 4th of July! 

 

thank you for your kind support - I hope the donation button on the webpage is working again - if not please let me know.. :) 

No comments: