Labor Day is here! I've found what I think is a rather overlooked show to celebrate the holiday this week with this gem from September 2, 1983 in Boise Idaho. This was the only show the band ever played in Idaho, and I have to believe that the unique location gave them some extra energy that shows through as we listen to this show.
After a unique introduction by Phil, the band powers into a funky 'Wang Dang Doodle' which then goes right into a sweet 'Jack Straw'. The energy comes through in numbers like 'Big River' and 'Big Railroad Blues'. I find the set tight and well-played and hope that it makes you smile as well..
Grateful Dead
Boise Pavilion - Boise State University
Boise, ID
9/2/1983 - Friday
One
Wang Dang Doodle [6:20] >
Jack Straw [5:23] ;
They Love Each Other [7:38] ;
Mama Tried [2:43] >
Big River [6:00] ;
Brown Eyed Women [5:28] ;
New Minglewood Blues [7:39] ;
Big Railroad Blues [7:12] ;
Looks Like Rain [10:26] >
Deal [9:27]
You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
https://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod090426.mp3
Have a safe and happy Labor Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment