Friday, March 24, 2023

Dead Show/podcast for 3/24/23

This week on the Deadpod we'll hear the second set from March 5, 1992 at Hampton Virginia. 

This starts with a very nice 'Eyes of the World', and you will immediately recognize the presence of both Hornsby and Welnick on this long 14+minute version. 

'Way To Go Home' follows. I think this is the 4th time I've played this on the Deadpod, and the first since 2017. Consider it a watermark of the times, I know its noone's favorite tune. 

Next Bobby delivers a powerful 'Estimated Prophet' which flows into a fine 'He's Gone'. Drums and a fairly long Space, standard for the times, follows. 'The Wheel' flows out of 'Space' with plenty of keyboards and an ensemble singing lead. 'I Need a Miracle' showcases Weir's energy and leads into a fine version of 'So Many Roads' one of their finest latter songs.

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here: 

http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod032423.mp3


Grateful Dead
Hampton Coliseum
Hampton, VA 3/5/1992 - Thursday

Two    

Eyes Of The World >
Way To Go Home >
Estimated Prophet >
He's Gone >
Drums >
Space >
The Wheel >
I Need A Miracle >
So Many Roads >
Good Lovin'

Encore    
U.S. Blues 

"So many roads, I tell youNew York to San FranciscoSo many roads I knowAll I want is one to take me home"

 

No comments: