Friday, August 20, 2010

Dead Show/podcast for 8/20/10

This week's show is from a listener request - this show will soon have its 25th anniversary and a very fine show it is so I decided to bring it to you starting this week.
A laid-back, west coast Dead show but one where you can almost feel the sunshine and the smiles on everyone's faces.. I enjoyed listening to this and hope you do as well, it features a nice unusual set list and very nice playing - set 2 will come next week...

Grateful Dead - September 15, 1985
Devore Field - Chula Vista, CA

Set 1:
Tuning
Alabama Getaway ->
The Promised Land
West L.A. Fadeaway
Mama Tried ->
Big River
Dupree's Diamond Blues
Smokestack Lightnin' ->
Deal

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod082010.mp3

My thanks for your kind support.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all I would like to say Thanks for all the music. I surely appreciate it. I didn't make it to a show until '93 ... and I really wish I was there for Brent, my favorite keyboardist. That said, my first shows were 8-21-93 and 8-22-93, both of which I consider to be quite good. Definitely the best that I was able to attend. 8-22-93 (Autzen Stadium Eugene)still amazes me. The Days between is the best I have ever heard, the transition from space is beautiful, and the whole show is very strong. I know you don't usually play much from this era, though recently you did. Still, I think these shows, especially 8-22 are very beautiful.

Thanks again for all of the music,

Benjie

psky said...

Hey Prof!

Just wondering if you could put up the d/l link.

Thanks and hope all is well with you,

Paul

the professor said...

Paul - not sure what you mean - the d/l link is right there in the post?
is it not working for you?

-the professor

Scott - Newport, Rhode Island said...

hey Prof,
normally we can right click the word HERE and download the mp3 file.
This weeks show has the word HERE, but no hyperlink attached to it.
I think that is what Paul is talking about.
Thanks for all your great work....

scott - newport Rhode island

the professor said...

Ah!! thanks Paul! I didn't realize it was missing - fixed now. thanks again :)

Scott - Newport, Rhode Island said...

Thank you Prof!!!

Evan said...

I was at this show...I was blessed/lucky/whatever to be able to attend 14 New Year's Eve shows and I count this as an honorary because the evening of this day was the start of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year.
No, they didn't play Sugar Mag at sundown.
As for Brent, I dragged a childhood buddy of mine to the show. I say 'dragged' because I knew this wasn't going to be his cup of tea but he was a fine pianist himself and yes, even though it generally didn't appeal to him, he really appreciated Brent's work that day.
It was fine memory...thanks for bringing it back, Prof!

Anonymous said...

Great show! Love the version of West LA. And, even though Jerry's voice wasn't quite there on Big River he sang great. Thanks!

jfarns said...

AWESOME show, easily one of my favs yet. the West LA Fadeaway, and the keys during Big River! Any more mid 80s pearls would be appreciated!!