Friday, March 08, 2013

Dead Show/podcast for 3/8/13

This week I thought I would share this very interesting show from way back in 1969 This is quite a fine recording, and I thought I'd go ahead and bring you the entire show this week, although it makes for a bit longer Deadpod than usual. As you can see below the show features a number of tunes without Garcia and Pigpen; the story goes that each were too incapacitated in their own way, to continue.... the jamming however does.. and very nicely. I think you'll agree this is a fantastic recording of a unique moment in Grateful Dead history.. I hope you enjoy it.. 



Grateful Dead - June 8, 1969
Fillmore West - San Francisco, CA
Notes:
-- * with Wayne Ceballos (vocals)/without Pigpen
-- ** with Elvin Bishop (guitar and vocals)/without Garcia

Set 1:
Dancing In The Street ->
He Was A Friend Of Mine ->
China Cat Sunflower ->
New Potato Caboose
Me And My Uncle

Set 2:
Tuning
Turn On Your Lovelight *
The Things I Used To Do **
Who's Lovin' You Tonight **
That's It For The Other One ->
Cosmic Charlie


You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod030813.mp3

I sincerely thank those of you who've been able to support the Deadpod. 
If you can help to keep the Deadpod around, please consider clicking on the contribute button to the right.. I really appreciate your support..


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this one not available anymore? The file is really small and says it is only 9 seconds long. Was out of the country for a couple weeks and trying to get caught back up on my deadpods. Thanks for all you do professor!

the professor said...

it downloaded fine for me.. I suggest you try again -- perhaps right click and save the file directly to your comnputer? do you usually get them via itunes? thanks..

Anonymous said...

hmmm no I don't get via itunes. And I did right-click and save as... Not sure what the deal is.

the professor said...

and if you just click the link it won't open for you?? it is for me..

if you send me your email address I can probably get you the file via dropbox or something..

the professor said...

oh yes! the file is definitely truncated now.. I've contacted my hosting service - if they can't restore the file I know I have a copy on my computer I can reupload it.. thank you for letting me know! sorry for the problem!

the professor said...

I believe it should now be fixed.. let me know! thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Looks good. Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovelight.....fantastic
Thanks for sharing this