Friday, April 05, 2013

Dead Show/podcast for 4/5/13


Here's a show that has been on my request list for some time.. I'm not sure why I haven't gotten around to playing it aside from the fact that I did play most of the 2nd set back in '06.. at any rate its one of the best from the Spring of 1982.. this is from the Nassau Coliseum on 4/12/82. A fine first set is highlighted by an unusual "Iko, Iko' opener, a beautiful Peggy-O and a pretty crazy Mama Tried->Mexicali segue.. 
The Bird Song is crisp and a joy to listen to and the T.Jed is alot of fun.. the closing Deal show us that Jerry is going to bring us some treats in set 2.. 

Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (4/12/82)


Iko Iko
New Minglewood Blues
Peggy-O
Mama Tried
Mexicali Blues
Bird Song
C.C. Rider
Tennessee Jed
Looks Like Rain
Deal

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here: 
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod040513.mp3

Thank you all for picking up this week's Deadpod, and remember I'm always happy to take your requests. I am indebted to the support I receive from my friends whose contributions keep the Deadpod afloat. Thank you so very much, I couldn't do the show without you. 

Happy Spring! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a very good set, well sung and well played. I particularly enjoyed the Peggy-O, Jerry was on his game throughout, and Bob sounded great, too. If Spring 1982 wasn't a noteworthy tour, you wouldn't know it by listening to this. Of course, The Professor always brings us such great selections, I generally find myself dishing out superlatives show after show. Many thanks!