Friday, May 03, 2013

Dead Show/podcast for 5/3/13

Oh the glorious month of May! I'm sure its one of everyone's favorite times of the year, and of course one of the great traditions in the first weekend of May is the Kentucky Derby.. this week's Deadpod features a show that paid tribute, as the band often did, to that grand event, by playing the late George Jones' "The Race Is On".. and a fine version it is .. I really felt I needed to play it this year especially in light of the recent passing of George Jones, a true country treasure. This show however is far from a one-trick pony... it features a first set  "Help->Slip->Franklin's' A fine Loser, and even a Loose Lucy! I think the One More Saturday Night that closes set one is a treat too, and a chance for me to send out my wishes to Bobby for a very speedy recovery.. 

I'm hoping you have a fine Spring weekend - (no snow!) and that you enjoy this week's Deadpod as much as I do.. 


Cal State Dominguez Hills, Carson, CA (5/5/90)

Good Time Blues
The Race is On
Help on the Way
Slipknot!
Franklin's Tower
Queen Jane Approximately
Loser
Me and My Uncle
Mexicali Blues
Loose Lucy
One More Saturday Night

You can listen to the Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod050313.mp3

The Deadpod can use your support - if you can contribute to the Deadpod I very much appreciate it! 
If you have or know of someone who owns a business who'd like to sponsor the Deadpod I'd love it if you could ask them to contact me.. 

Thanks my friends! 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I found the band to be quite out of sync for the majority of this set. They finally tightened up for a good Loose Lucy, though!