Friday, April 17, 2015

Dead Show/podcast for 4/17/15


Spring is finally arriving around here and my thoughts turned to the great Spring tour of Europe 72. Since that tour is completely released on the box set I am going to share with you this week a wonderful set from the fall of 1972. This show took place on October 27th, 1972 in Columbus Ohio. I don't have, nor do I believe there exists, a copy of the first set that matches the quality of the audience recording of set 2 that I've chosen for this week's Deadpod. This is said to be Bear's recording and I would not doubt that from the quality - I do think you'll enjoy it. Beyond that the performance is first rate. Especially from Truckin' through The Other One, to a Mississipi Half-Step(!) the band is on fire. I'm a huge fan fo the Uncle John's encore as well.. a great set from a great year.. I hope you enjoy this one! 
Veterans Memorial Auditorium, Columbus, OH (10/27/72)
set2

Greatest Story Ever Told
Ramble On Rose
TrucKin
The Other One
Mississippi Half-Step
Morning Dew
Tomorrow Is Forever
Promised Land
Deal
Sugar Magnolia
Uncle John's Band
E: One More Saturday Night

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod041715.mp3


Thank you for listening, and for your support which makes the Deadpod possible. 




2 comments:

Mr. Dark Side said...

Hey, Perfesser:

You left off the Saturday Night encore which appears at the end of the tape!

the professor said...

Thanks - I forgot to list it here, but it is on the tape..