Friday, October 09, 2015

Dead Show/podcast for 10/9/15

It is only fitting that we go back to the famous 'acoustic' shows of 1980 for this week's Deadpod. This was a request from one of my wonderful listeners for a show that not only features the famous acoustic first set, but outstanding electric sets 2 and 3. The first set is a treat for everyone who enjoys the acoustic Dead, and while I do like to feature this genre around the holidays, the arrival of Fall is reason enough to revisit this wonderful music. Since the acoustic set was not quite as long as I prefer for a Deadpod, I've also included the first part of the electric set 2, including a fine Mississippi Half-Step ->Franklin's Tower..
I know I've featured a number of sets from 1980 this year, and I hope you enjoy this one just as much as those others..


Grateful Dead
Warfield Theatre San Francisco, CA 10/10/80 - Friday
One
On The Road Again [2:43] ;
It Must Have Been The Roses [5:33] ;
Monkey And The Engineer [2:32] ;
Jack-A-Roe [4:04] ;
Dark Hollow [3:30] ;
To Lay Me Down [8:38] ;
Heaven Help The Fool [6:02] ;
Bird Song [8:00] ;
Ripple [2:25#]
Two
Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo [7:31] >
Franklin's Tower [8:29] ;
Me And My Uncle [3:00] >
Big River [5:22] ;
Candyman [7:01] ;

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod100915.mp3

Thanks for supporting the Deadpod my friends! I couldn't do it without you..
Remember to let me know your requests..
and always always try to Be Kind!



No comments: