Friday, March 31, 2017

Dead Show/podcast for 3/31/17


An early April Fool's present for my Deadpod friends this week. This show, from April 1st, 1984 is much better to my ears than it appears on paper (and the second set, scheduled for next week, is even better). This show was the last show of the first Rex Foundation runs, so it was held in the very small Marin Veterans Memorial Auditorium. Personally I enjoy hearing Brent so upfront in the mix. The other general point that stands out to me is that Garcia is out front and outstanding on most of these songs. Jack Straw, big Railroad Blues, and Tennessee Jed are outstanding.


Grateful Dead
Marin Veterans Memorial Auditorium
San Rafael, CA
4/1/84 - Sunday
One
Jack Straw [5:48] ;
Friend Of The Devil [8:30] ;
Me And My Uncle [3:14] >
Mexicali Blues [4:51] ;
Big Railroad Blues [5:33] ;
Cassidy [5:15] ;
Tennessee Jed [#7:33] ;
My Brother Esau [4:30] >
Don't Ease Me In [3:12]

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod033117.mp3

Heartfelt thanks to the kind listeners whose support of the Deadpod makes our weekly podcast possible. :)










No comments: