Friday, January 01, 2021

Dead Show/podcast for 1/1/21

 Happy New Year! 

From a request from a longtime frirend of the Deadpod - I've decided to celebrate the end of 2020 with this fun and raucous show from NYE 1982. I'll present this one over the next couple weeks and hope can feel and enjoy the fun that the band and everyone in attendance had on this special night 39 years ago. 

The first set which we'll hear this week is a bit short, but still well played and tight. Garcia's voice is a bit creaky but he makes up for it with some very nice work on the guitar. A long 'C.C. Rider' has Mathew Kelly sitting in, but I believe Brent adds much to this one (and throughout the set). 'Cumberland Blues' is for me the highlight here as Jerry really brings some nice licks. Brent delivers a short but nice 'Far From Me', Weir is forceful as usual on 'Cassidy' and a bit screechy at times on 'Looks Like Rain' but these are fine versions. 'Ramble On Rose' always brings a smile, and a 'Day Job' to end the year seems quite appropriate.


Oakland Auditorium
Oakland, CA 12/31/82 - Friday
One    
Cold Rain And Snow ;
C C Rider ;
Cumberland Blues ;
Far From Me ;
Cassidy ;
Ramble On Rose ;
Looks Like Rain ;
Keep Your Day Job 

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here: 

http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod010121.mp3

 A word of thanks for your kind support over the holidays and throughout this last, difficult year. I very much appreciate your kindness. May these songs fill the air with much joy and well being this next year!

"Sometimes when the cuckoo's crying
When the moon is half way down
Sometimes when the night is dying
I take me out and I wander around
I wander round"

No comments: