Friday, April 07, 2006

Dead Show/podcast for 04/07/06

Hello Friends!
In honor of the coming of spring, I thought I'd play something from one of the better spring tours ever - 1987. This one is from Irvine Meadows Ampitheater in Irvine Meadows and features a very crisply played set I for your pleasure..

Grateful Dead Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre Laguna Hills, CA
Date 4/19/87 - Sunday
One Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo [7:12] > Franklin's Tower [6:08] ; New Minglewood Blues (1) [7:29] ; Ramble On Rose [6:43] ; Tons Of Steel [4:55] ; Box Of Rain [5:08] ; Cassidy [6:31] ; Alabama Getaway [4:42] > The Promised Land [4:07]

As always you can listen to the podcast here
http://henriksonj.no-ip.info/deadpod040706.mp3


Enjoy and thanks for your support!!

4 comments:

Glauber Meyer Pinto Ribeiro said...

Very nice set, thanks!

Anonymous said...

bless you, professor! I was there in irvine for that show. brings back great memories. now I live in manila, philippines and your podcast is a lifeline for me over here.

MKH -UC Irvine class of '88

Anonymous said...

Hey Professor:
I haven't been able to pick up this podcast either from the website or itunes, the URL doesn't seem to work. I was at this show and would love to revisit the memories!

thanks!
GM

the professor said...

GM -
unfortunately I only host these older podcasts on my personal server. While I hope to someday migrate them to a better server with more capacity the current one is limited to two simulataneous connections. All I can tell you is to keep trying! You SHOULD be able to get the podcast eventually..
best of luck,
the professor