Friday, June 22, 2007

Dead Show/podcast for 06/22/07

Summer is here.. and the time is right for some classic summertime shows.. This week by request I'm bringing you one of the all-time great shows from a much beloved venue.. Red Rocks. While this is a well-known recording the top-notch quality of the performance persuaded me that you'll enjoy listening... Bob's guitar is very much up in the mix and is a treat to hear his unique playing. Jerry's voice is clear as a bell..
I hope you enjoy it!

Grateful Dead Red Rocks Amphitheatre Morrison, CO
Date 7/8/78 - Saturday
One Bertha [6:48] > Good Lovin' [6:15] ; Dire Wolf [3:58] ; El Paso [4:12]; It Must Have Been The Roses [6:47] ; New Minglewood Blues [5:42] ; Ramble On Rose [7:53] ; The Promised Land [4:07] ; Deal [6:03]
Two Samson And Delilah [6:59] ; Ship Of Fools [7:19]

As always you can listen to the Deadpod here:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/deadshow/deadpod062207.mp3

I also wanted to thank all of you who entered the contest for David Dodd's fine book, the Complete Annotated Grateful Dead Lyrics.. I've drawn the winner's and sent them their books. I only wish that I could have had more books so that everyone who entered received one. Thank you all for your very kind comments!!

As always thanks for your support.. and enjoy ..

6 comments:

Dave said...

i've been a deadpod subscriber for a while now and i enjoy the longer format. that said, i really hope you're planning on posting the entire remainder of this show. it looks like a super duper show...

professor, thank you for what you do...

Anonymous said...

Another gem from the Profesor, and of course, from the boys in '78. Thank you as always, for bringing us the shows in crystal clear sound. My hat off to you again

Anonymous said...

Thanks Professor! I've heard about this show but never heard it before. Can we count on the rest of the show next week? THANKS!

Barnabus Sizemore said...

great show--listening to it right now//very cool!!!--I'd like to hear another show but not sure if you've already broadcast it//if you did/where can i find it and if not you should play it-----06/24/94
in Las Vegas--great show---bobby breaks out an acoustic for "El Paso" and a moving "Peggy-O" oh yea. and a cool "So Many Roads"

John said...

wow, just started getting into the dead and I downloaded this podcast...woah this is good :)

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES. I have both sets of this show on old cassette tapes. I've listened so much I know every change, note, and lyric. I practically wore these tapes out. It's great to hear it again. I love this show and this era. Your show is a thing of beauty and brings me great joy. Thanks and keep the music coming!