Friday, October 12, 2007

Dead Show/podcast for 10/12/07

This week we'll hear the remainder of the great show from June 26th, 1984 from the Merriweather Post Pavilion. This set shows us the great interplay of light and dark in the Dead's music - songs I really love like Don't Need Love, He's Gone and Stella Blue are interspersed with rocking numbers like Wang Dang Doodle, Good Lovin' and Around and Around. There's even a 'Day Job' encore - it had been long enough that I'd heard one of these that I enjoyed it ;) I hope you'll enjoy this great set too..

I also want to sincerely thank those of you who've contributed during our Fall fundraising drive. It's not too late to join with these great friends who've contributed to keep the Deadpod coming each week - just click on the 'contribute now' button on the right hand side of the blog... I'm also working on getting more copies of Three from the Vault for those of you who contribute $50 or more and let me know you'd like a copy! Thanks SO much !!!

Grateful Dead Merriweather Post Pavilion Columbia, MD 6/26/84 - Tuesday
He's Gone [17:18] > Drums [7:41#] > Space [5:28] > Don't Need Love [7:30] > Space [0:37] > Truckin' [7:23] > Wang Dang Doodle [3:25] > Stella Blue [9:19] > Around And Around [3:41] > Good Lovin' [7:#00]
Encore Keep Your Day Job [4:14]

As always you can listen to the Deadpod here:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/deadshow/deadpod101207.mp3

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rockin' show Professor! I hope you are feeling better. I listen to your show on Sunday nights. It gives me something to look forward to and distracts me from thinking of Monday morning. You are the coolest!

Peace,
A fan out in NYC

Anonymous said...

Also, how can I get a bumper sticker?

Thanks!

the professor said...

thanks for the kind words!
The bumpersticker info is here:
http://deadshow.blogspot.com/search?q=bumpersticker

Anonymous said...

HEY NOW PROFESSOR!!!
I FOUND YOUR PODCAST ON I-TUNES LAST WEEK.GREAT SHOWS!!!I DONT HAVE PAYPAL & WOULD LOVE TO SUPPORT THIS SHOW.ONE LAST THING DOES A BOARD TO 1-15-79 EXIST,THIS HAS THE HOTTEST JACKSTRAW I EVER HEARD.ALL I FIND IS AUDIENCE TAPES.LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT WEEKS SHOW.

NOTHIN' LEFT TO DO BUT......
JIMBO FROM UPSTATE NY

the professor said...

Jimbo -
thanks for the kind words! You can always send a check if you'd like to support the show financialy -
John H. (the professor)
KOPN 89.5 FM
915 E. Broadway
columbia MO 65201

I'll check on 1/15/79...
all the best..

Unknown said...

Professor-

I recently contributed via paypal to help keep the program running smooth. Thank you so much for your continued efforts to put out a wonderful program that truly lifts the spirits. If you get any extras kindly send the vault 3 show my way. Warm regards. William

Unknown said...

Professor-

I just contributed via paypal to support your wonderful program. Please continue your great efforts on a show that truly lifts the spirits. Kindly send a vault 3 show my way if you get any extras. Warm regards.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the dead.net taper's section for the reference on this EXQUISITE NUG of a blog (first time I've used that word)!

Check out the subtle "Heaven Help the Fool tease" between 35:55 and 38:08 min. between Bobby and Brent, mostly (Jerry and Phil contribute slightly).

Thanks Prof.