Friday, March 13, 2009

Dead Show/podcast for 03/13/09

And this week... one of the paradigmatic Dark Stars.... a truly historic piece of primal Dead - the performance captured here marks a truly momentous moment in GD history.. there's no sense in trying to capture it in words, let your mind experience it...

Grateful Dead
Fillmore East New York, NY 2/13/70b - Friday
Dark Star [29:21] > Cryptical Envelopment [1:56] > Drums [7:36] > The Other One [13:48] > Cryptical Envelopment [6:38] > Turn On Your Lovelight [30:12]
Encore [0:56] ; And We Bid You Good Night [2:19#]

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/deadshow/deadpod031309.mp3

I want to thank each of you for listening and making the task of bringing you the Deadpod each week one of the joys of my life..
thanks for your support!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Professor! Happy Friday!!

Anonymous said...

Prof,
"Penultimate" means next to last. Thankfully, there were many more after this one! Thanks for another great podcast.

the professor said...

blush.. that's what I get for posting in a hurry when I am tired. Thank you for the correction..
I've corrected the blog..

Anonymous said...

No problem. Posting at 4:00 a.m. -that's real de(a)dication!

Anonymous said...

Prof,
here's part of an email I got from PayPal(I tried to help):
"The funds have been returned to your account.

This payment was returned for the following reason(s):

henriksonj@misxxxx.exx did not sign up for a PayPal account or did not complete the registration process"

the professor said...

I have no idea what could have gone wrong with your donation - if you click on the paypal donate now button it should work and has for other folks - if you like just email me - you can do that by clicking on my profile button at the bottom right - and we'll work it out. thanks for trying!!!
- the professor

C.Thwaites said...

Thanks, Professor, for this one. Great quality: it may be my equipment but I think this is a far superior sound quality to DP4 and Grayfolded. The DS is quite amazing as is "The Other One" at the post drums section. Thank you again. Christian

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Dark Star, and a fantastic set all the way around!