Friday, May 01, 2009

Dead show/podcast for 5/1/09

This time in May is one of my favorite times of the year - not only is it usually beautiful outside, but it marks so many wonderful memories.. of course in Louisville it marks the Kentucky Derby - and I always like to play this old chestnut the weekend of the Derby so I'm honoring that tradition this year by bringing you this wonderful show from 1973...

Grateful Dead
VenueKiel Auditorium
LocationSt. Louis, MO
Date10/29/73 - Monday
OneCold Rain And Snow ; Beat It On Down The Line ; Brown Eyed Women ; Mexicali Blues ; Don't Ease Me In ; Black Throated Wind ; Tennessee Jed ; The Race Is On ; Row Jimmy ; El Paso ; Eyes Of The World > China Doll ; Around And Around

I love this period in GD history and I hope you enjoy this week's show - I'll play the second set next week!

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/deadshow/deadpod050109.mp3

Thanks as always for your support and be well my friends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prof - I had been hoping (& had a feeling) there was a 73 coming this week! THANK YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Professor. 73 CANT BE BEAT. I have a request for some 76 - a year not focused on all the time - maybe a 7/19/76 or some other gem. Thank you for sharing the music.

Anonymous said...

Prof - 73 is fine but how about some PRIMAL 68 or 69! MANY THX!

Anonymous said...

The Deadpod makes my Mondays a lot happier than they might otherwise be. Particularly enjoying this week's - nice mix, well played, fine vintage.

Anonymous said...

Great set from the year of my birth! Loved EOTW > China Doll.