Friday, April 02, 2010

Dead Show/podcast for 4/2/10

This week we get to listen to the final part of the Dead's performance on April 27th, 1971 at the Fillmore East, NYC., NY. This includes a wonderful "Sing Me Back Home" and a classic Pigpen Lovelight.. I'm sure you'll enjoy it... 

Grateful Dead - April 27, 1971
Fillmore East - New York, NY

  1. Johnny B. Goode
  2. Sing Me Back Home
  3. Uncle John's Band
  4. Turn On Your Lovelight


In addition, because this didn't seem quite enough for a Deadpod , I decided to begin a set suggested by one of my wonderful listeners, 4/3/82 from Norfolk VA - we'll only get to hear the first part of set 1, but I think this is a unique show, and its fun to hear this early 80s Dead sound.. I hope you agree! 

Grateful Dead - April 3, 1982
Scope - Norfolk, VA

Alabama Getaway ->
Greatest Story Ever Told
They Love Each Other
Me And My Uncle ->
Big River


You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:

http://media.libsyn.com/media/deadshow/deadpod040210.mp3

Have a wonderful weekend my friends, as always thanks for listening and for your support.. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. For me, Sing Me Back Home was the highest of this week's DP.

I understand that there may be extenuating circumstances (i.e., probably the show's length and the file size implications), but I wasn't a fan of having this week's DP include one show's end and another's beginning...with the latter show's sets then being broken up amongst the next two week's DP's. Please don't view this as a criticism, per se...only an observation. I like it very much when a DP ends with either someone saying, "We'll be back in a bit," or an encore. I just like the flow and balance of it all. I like to experience each set as a whole, with its ebbs and flows... perhaps a rockin' little ditty, followed by a scorching barn burner, and then a soulful ballad to mellow us all out...it's like a story with an introduction, a middle section, and a climax (and, in the case of a second set, the encore is an epilogue); and the interruptions, well, interrupt the storytelling. I'll stop now: this is the first time that I've seen this, and it may not ever happen again, so it's probably a moot point. I love what you do, Professor, and offer my sincerest gratitude and thanks!