Friday, May 07, 2010

Dead Show/podcast for 5/7/10

This week - in a nod I suppose to the new Rhino release from the Summer of '89, I decided to feature this fine show from the spring of that year. This was originally a Rex Benefit, at the Frost Ampitheater in Palo Alto CA, a fine venue that the band always seemed to enjoy playing.

This show is no exception, the first set perhaps has a somewhat mellow tempo or vibe, but I think they display fine form on Peggy-O and They Love Each Other.. the Race Is On indicates it must be Derby day ;). I'm not a huge West LA fan, but I am a fan of Brent's 'Just A Little Light'.. I think it was always special when they did a China->Rider to close out a first set..

Grateful Dead
05/06/89
Frost Amphitheatre, Stanford University Palo Alto, CA

Set 1
Jack Straw
Peggy-O
Walkin' Blues
They Love Each Other
The Race Is On
West L.A. Fadeaway
Just A Little Light
Queen Jane Approximately
China Cat Sunflower
I Know You Rider

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:

http://media.libsyn.com/media/deadshow/deadpod050710.mp3


Thanks for listening - I want to remind you that I rely on your support to bring the Deadpod to you each week - if you feel you can contribute something - I'd much appreciate it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I like it and listened every day at least once. Thanks Professor