Friday, September 24, 2010

Deadshow/podcast for 9/24/10

I think this is as fine a second set as you'll hear in early 80's Dead, and I'm very happy to present it this week.. I certainly hope you agree..
Bobby and Jerry trade off quite well throughout..
the Eyes is definitely one of the best, and I always love a great Stella Blue..

enjoy..

Grateful Dead
Iowa Fieldhouse - University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 8/10/82 - Tuesday

China Cat Sunflower [7:26] > I Know You Rider [5:45] ; Lost Sailor [6:41] > Saint Of Circumstance [7:02] > Eyes Of The World [13:10] > Drums [6:13#] > Space [9:02] > Iko Iko [9:41] > Truckin' [6:47] > Stella Blue [8:33] > Sugar Magnolia [10:46]
Encore It's All Over Now, Baby Blue [6:52] > Johnny B. Goode [4:07]

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod092410.mp3


thanks for your support.. don't forget to check out the new Keeley Overdrive Compressor here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Professor - Thanks for the education - I didn't realize there were such hot versions of Eyes in the 80s - wow was that a fun ride.

Thanks for sharing the music as always - what I would have done to have had this music back then! I don't know if I would have ever gone to class - the hissy Maxells never sounded like this.

chelsea said...

thank you for the grateful dead hour. mid missouri needs a dead head on the radio to keep jerry's spirit alive. from all the dead heads in mid missouri...we thank you professor. the music will never stop.

chelsea said...

thank you for the grateful dead hour. mid missouri needs a dead head on the radio to keep jerry's spirit alive. from all the dead heads in mid missouri...we thank you professor. the music will never stop.

Dhfalcon said...

Nice! Thanks again, professor! You weren't kidding about the EOTW. Jerry was smoking on that tune! The band as a whole were solid that night.

npoet9 said...

Hey Professor:

Thanks for reminding me what a great show 08/10/82 was. I haven't heard it for years. One of the greatest Eyes Drums and Spaces as well as Stella Blue. I has this on some old mangled cassette tape somewhere and I thought it was lost.