Friday, December 17, 2010

Dead Show/podcast for 12/17/10

I'm a sucker for these wonderful 73 shows - this one was just recently released and I can't help but want to play for you here on the Deadpod.. while the 1st set is not as spectacular as set 2 (we will hear it soon, promise!), there's simply no excuse not to play every bit of this. I hope you agree!!



Grateful Dead - February 21, 1973
Assembly Hall - Champaign-Urbana, IL

Set 1:
Wave That Flag
Me And My Uncle
Brown Eyed Women
Beat It On Down The Line
Loser
Looks Like Rain
Row Jimmy
You Ain't Woman Enough
Box Of Rain
Mexicali Blues
Sugaree
Around And Around

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod121710.mp3

Be sure and check out our friends at Keeley Electronics! http://www.rkfx.com


Thanks for listening and for your SUPPORT!! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Professor,

I downloaded the episode on iTunes and strangely, it shuts down after Wave that Flag. I downloaded it again and the same thing happened, Any thoughts? I am eager to listen.

Thanks

the professor said...

Wierd. I don't see any problems on this end.. How long does itunes report the time for this episode? It should be 1:12:41... I would download it directly from this site - simply right click on the link and choose 'save as' and save it to your computer - You should be able to drag it to your playlist in itunes..
Hope that helps!

Now there is about a minute and a half 'tuning' in between 'Wave that Flag' and 'Me & My Uncle'....

Anonymous said...

Newcomer to the DeadPod . . . digging every second of it. Thanks Prof. The Music Never Stops.

Anonymous said...

Great Great sound and show. looking for that 2nd set nesx? Much thanks.. JT

Anonymous said...

Professor - Thank you so much for another '73 - just vintage awesome music. A wonderful present for the holidays!

Thanks and Peace

Unknown said...

I love the Deadpod and I'm a longtime listener. The early stuff really gets me. Thanks for the '73 stuff I love Jerry's voice. It really brings chills to my spine. Even though I'm only 25 I feel like I should have lived in the 60s. I always love your holiday acoustic sets. Last years set brought tears to my eyes, and this year will have a really special place in my heart, because I hope to play it during the birth of my first child. Please continue the tradition....I'm counting on it ;)

Your lifelong listener
-Charlie

P.S.The earlier the better.....