Friday, January 28, 2011

Dead Show podcast for 1/28/11

This week I am bringing you the long-delayed but not forgotten second set from February 21st, 1973. This is classic, psychedelic Grateful Dead I think - I especially enjoy that transition into Eyes!! but the entire set finds the band at the top of their game in my opinion.. hope you enjoy it as much as I do..

Grateful Dead - February 21, 1973
Assembly Hall - Champaign-Urbana, IL

China Cat Sunflower ->
I Know You Rider
Jack Straw


Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo
Truckin' ->
Eyes Of The World ->
Stella Blue
Sugar Magnolia
Casey Jones

Encore:
Johnny B. Goode

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod012811.mp3


Thanks for listening and for your SUPPORT!

Be sure and check out the wonderful Guitar accessories on sale at Keeley Electronics!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Professor - love love love the 73. Thanks for remembering to share this one - looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing set through and through! One of the best Truckin's I've heard, Phil's transition to Eyes is superb, Eyes itself is excellent...I could go on and on. Thanks for his gem, Professor!