Friday, August 12, 2011

Dead Show/podcast for 8/12/11

This week's Deadpod, by listener request, is a great sounding show from Eugene Oregon, home of many fine shows. This one comes from May 7th, 1984.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the sound quality on this one and the band really does rock it on this night.


Grateful Dead
5/7/84 - Monday
Silva Hall - Hult Center for the Performing Arts - Eugene, OR

Set One:
Iko Iko ;
C C Rider ;
Loser ;
Mama Tried >
Big River ;
Bird Song ;
My Brother Esau >
Deal

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod081211.mp3

One of my faithful listeners just pointed out that I played set 2 of this show here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod113007.mp3

So if you'd like to hear set 2 - click there and Enjoy!



Thanks for listening and for your SUPPORT!
You can send a donation via the Donate button to the right of the page! thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Professor. You played set 2 of this show several years back. Great to have set 1 now. Friday morning has become the highlight of my week. Thanks for all you do.

the professor said...

Oh geez - I searched and didn't see this date. I'll have to consider whether to play set 2 again or not.. thanks!

Anonymous said...

I agree: Brent played well in this show. Whereas I normally prefer a less-synthesized form of keyboard, like something closer to a true piano sound or some type of bluesy organ, the style chosen for this show was different in a good way, and brought a unique quality to the songs.