Friday, March 23, 2012

Dead Show/podcast for 3/23/12

Holy smokes - I'm away this week and was searching for a show to get ready ahead of time - this is such a killer set that it more than fits the bill... It is hard to try and pick out just a few highlights.. I love the reggae beat on 'Stir It Up'.. and of course 'Who Was John' is an alltime favorite, as is 'Midnight Moonlight' and 'Don't Let Go'...

I really love JGB from this mid-70s time. I can just put this on and feel my troubles float away - I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.


JERRY GARCIA BAND
Keystone
Berkeley CA
07-08-1976

crowd & tuning
Catfish John
Sugaree
After Midnight
Tore Up Over You//
Stir It Up
Mission in the Rain
Who Was John
Midnight Moonlight

crowd & tuning
Don't Let Go
The Way You Do the Things You Do
Stop That Train


Jerry Garcia Band
Jerry Garcia guitar, vocals
John Kahn bass
Keith Godchaux keyboards
Donna Jean Godchaux backing vocals
Ron Tutt drums

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod032312.mp3

The Deadpod exists only through your support.. thank you my friends.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Professor

Thanks for the show. Right now the link goes to a page saying "Error: 404 not found"

Thx for all you do.

the professor said...

Had a problem with the hosting company - believe it is now resolved. sorry for the problems!