Friday, September 28, 2012

Dead Show/podcast for 9/28/12

This week's Deadpod allows us to enjoy the second set of the band's wonderful performance from Sept. 18th, 1987 at the Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York. If you caught the first set last week you know the band was firing on all cylinders here and they come out with a smokin' hot Shakedown Street, followed by a nice Man Smart, Woman Smarter, then an excellent Terrapin Station.. not a bad part 1!

They come out of space with a rollin' Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad, which flows into Bobby doing an early version of Watchtower. The Morning Dew that follows is for me the highlight of the show.. Jerry is ON IT.. and has everyone enthralled with this one.. Bobby follows with a nice Good Lovin' but Jerry is not through having fun and comes in with a couple verses of La Bamba!

This is a real treat and we know Garcia is having a great time on this night.. Clearly this is one of the classic Dead performances and I can only wish I had been in attendance this night.. I hope you enjoy it..

9/18/87 - Grateful Dead Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
 Set 2:
Shakedown Street->
 Man Smart, Woman Smarter->
 Terrapin Station->
 Drums->
 Space->
 GDTRFB->
 All Along The Watchtower->
 Morning Dew->
 Good Lovin'->
 La Bamba->
 Good Lovin'
 E: Heaven's Door


You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod092812.mp3 

I could not bring the Deadpod to you each week without the kind support of my listeners. thank you so much!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic show,Bird song on he 1st set is beautiful, good lovin into la bamba is a joy.
Lookin forward to next weeks show...
peace
Mr Deadleg.

Glauber Meyer Pinto Ribeiro said...

Wow, this is exceptionally good! Thank you.

Glauber Meyer Pinto Ribeiro said...

Wow, this is exceptionally good! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

It was Friday nigh. Arrived on the Might as Well (MetroNorth) train with my friends. I was on crutches because of a soccer injury. As our group walked into the Garden just a few moments before Bucket I got separated from the rest of the crew. A kind soul saw me hobbling along and almost literally pulled me up into an open seat next to him and his buddies, on Brent's side: excellent view of the stage and superb sound. One of the top 5 shows I saw in the late 80s and early 90s. Will never forget: (A) Brent falling off his stool during "Women"; and (B) Garcia's healthy smile beaming during La Bamba (el capitano!). And yes, the Dew was transcendental.

Anonymous said...

I believe everything said made a lot of sense. However, what about this?
what if you were to write a killer post title? I mean, I don't want to tell you how to run your website, however
what if you added a post title that grabbed people's attention?
I mean "Dead Show/podcast for 9/28/12" is kinda plain.
You ought to peek at Yahoo's front page and watch how they create article
headlines to get people to open the links.
You might add a video or a picture or two to grab readers interested about what you've written.
Just my opinion, it might make your blog a little bit more interesting.



my blog post ... telefonkatalogen.biz

aikoaiko said...

My first show. The other 137 were a result.

aikoaiko said...

my first show. 137 came as a result