Friday, December 28, 2012

Dead Show/podcast for 12/28/12

As 2012 draws to an end, I was reflecting on what shows were most requested by my listeners, and what is readily apparent is that I get a whole lot of requests for more Jerry Garcia Band.. by a fortuitous coincidence, this tape happened to make an appearance this week. This had never before been in circulation, and that, combined with the wonderful year (for JGB) and setlist ensured that I'd choose it for this week's Deadpod.. 
I loved this lineup of the JGB, and this period in their performance history. While this is a mono recording, its such a happy occasion to have a new JGB release see the light of day that I decided it would be just right for this Deadpod... I hope you agree... 

Jerry Garcia Band
Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ
March 17, 1978 Late Show

1 Mission In The Rain 11:00
2 Russian // Lullaby (glitch @ 8:32) 12:03
3 Tore Up Over You 11:37
4 Love In The Afternoon       12:03
5 I'll Be With Thee       05:03
6 Night They Drove Old Dixie Down     10:15
- encore -
7 Rhapsody In Red   07:21

Jerry Garcia guitar, vocals
John Kahn bass
Keith Godchaux keyboards
Donna Jean Godchaux backing vocals
Maria Muldaur backing vocals
Buzz Buchanan drums

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here: 

I would be amiss if I didn't send out a huge thank you to all of you who have supported the Deadpod this year. I can't tell you how fortunate I feel to have all of you help in making this weekly podcast possible. THANK YOU! 

Finally my sincere wishes for a HEALTHY and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I hope that 2013 is better for all of us in every way.. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot from another professor, of ornithology in my case. All the best for 2013!

Anonymous said...

Professor - Thanks for making 2012 more fun and enjoyable by sharing such awesome music. I know every Friday morning I bounce out of bed with a little more spring in my step as I go to see what you have teed up @ the Deadpod. Here's to a GREAT 2013!