Friday, November 01, 2013

Dead Show/podcast for 11/1/13

This week's show was a Rex Benefit, which often meant a good show was in the offing.. this one comes to us from 1987, a year that I've recently had a request for more of from one of my wonderful listeners so I thought I"d bring you this show from November 7th, 1987 at the Henry J. Kaiser Center in Oakland, The first set, which we'll hear this week, start out strong out of the gate with a wonderful 'Hey Pocky Way'.. followed by a very good Jack Straw. Row Jimmy slows things down a bit but I've always loved the mood of that song.. Masterpiece is well played also, and Jerry sings Dupree's quite well. The crowd wants Phil and he responds with an excellent 'Box of Rain'. The band does a great job jamming in the middle of Cassidy and Jerry belts out Might As Well in such a strong way that the crowd is really brought into it! Can't wait for set 2..


11/07/87
Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center - Oakland, CA
Set 1:
Hey Pocky Way
Jack Straw
Row Jimmy
When I Paint My Masterpiece
Dupree's Diamond Blues
Box Of Rain
Cassidy
Might As Well

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here: 


As always, my thanks to all of you for listening to the Deadpod. Special thanks and hugs to those of you able to help keep the Deadpod on the air through your donations. 

May November be warm and cheerful! 

No comments: