Friday, November 29, 2013

Dead Show/podcast for 11/29/13


Happy Thanksgiving (and Hanukka)! While this Deadpod comes on the day after I hope you'll enjoy this week's show as a tasty desert and a sweet way to start off your holiday weekend. I always enjoy bringing you acoustic Dead on the holidays and while I was tempted to save this tasty nugget for Christmas I decided I would play it right now instead. The last official acoustic set of the 70s, the band would not bring these back for 10 years. This set, from the famous Capitol Theater in Port Chester New York, features two songs that would never again be performed, 'Operator' and 'Wake Up Little Susie'. The set features some great banter as well, showing us a side of the band we didn't get to see much in the later years. I bring you this acoustic set as my way of saying thanks to all of you for being a very special part of my life. I do hope you enjoy it.

Grateful Dead
Capitol, Theatre , Port Chester NY
November 8, 1970

Disc One -  Acoustic Set  -

Tuning
Dire Wolf
I Know You Rider
Dark Hollow
Rosalie McFall
El Paso
Operator (Final time played)
Ripple
Friend Of The Devil
Wake Up, Little Suzie  (Final time played)
Uncle John's Band

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod112913.mp3

I hope this finds all of you healthy and happy and as thankful for your family and blessings as I am for mine..

Thank you for listening and for your support of the Deadpod my friends.

2 comments:

Johnny F said...

Happy Thanksgiving Professor!!!
I always look forward to your show and especially around the holidays!!!
You never let me down!!
Again you pluck out of your treasure chest and leave us with a magnificent Gem!!!
The Rosalie and Operator are fantastic and along with the Wake up little Suzie make this one for the ages!!
Thank you

Anonymous said...

Can't get enough of the acoustic gems that you provide us! We get to hear songs that we don't often hear, while also being treated to new spins on old favorites that we usually hear in electric fashion. Many thanks, Professor!