Friday, February 07, 2014

Dead Show/podcast for 2/7/14

I felt it was high time for some vintage Dead.. here's a show from one of my favorite places that showcases the boys sick run of shows that occurred back in February of '69. This night they were opening for the Iron Butterfly - the story goes that once IB heard their set they refused to come out for awhile, so the band came back with the smokin' Cryptical ->Other One->Cryptical sandwich.... In any case I think you'll be infected by the energy in this set, and who can resist a great Lovelight? Personally I always relish a good Eleven as well..
Hope you enjoy this and that you are well and warm this long winter....

Grateful Dead
Kiel Auditorium
St. Louis, MO
2/6/69 - Thursday

One -
Morning Dew
Dark Star  >
Saint Stephen  >
The Eleven  >
Turn On Your Love Light >
Drums  >
Turn On Your Love Light ;
Cryptical Envelopment  >
Drums  >
The Other One  >
Cryptical Envelopment >
Feedback  >
And We Bid You Good Night

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod020714.mp3

You can support the Deadpod by clicking the 'Donate' button at the right hand side of the page..
my thanks............

1 comment:

the professor said...

Snap! When was that? I didn't see it when I searched ... Thanks