Friday, January 31, 2014

Dead Show/podcast for 1/31/14

A truly special show for Super Bowl weekend ;) - the second set, aka  the 'Close Encounters' show - from McArthur Court at the University of Oregon, January 22nd, 1978. I still remember when I first heard this show, it blew me away, and not only because of the weirdness of hearing Jerry quote that theme from the Spielburg movie - but the entire jam that builds up from the Drums and the Other One into that delicious St. Stephen!  I completely enjoy this one, and hope that you do as well.. For me it marks a real turning point for the band, a different direction than they were in the prior year and onward.. Furthur you might say :) 
I hope you enjoy it... 

McArthur Court (U of Oregon), Eugene, OR (1/22/78)

set 2:
Bertha
Good Lovin'
Ship of Fools
Samson and Delilah
Terrapin Station
drums
The Other One
Close Encounters
St. Stephen
Not Fade Away
Around and Around

U.S. Blues


You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:

As always, my thanks to my friends who have supported the Deadpod through their kind generosity. 

Have a wonderful weekend my friends! 

No comments: