Friday, September 21, 2007

Dead Show/podcast for 09/21/07

This week I decided to bring you this gem from the spring tour of 1991. The highlights include the long leisurely Birdsong, a truly great Victim which goes into a nice Scarlet->Fire. Coming out of the Fire, an unexpected and delightful stir it up jam..
I hope you enjoy the Band's interplay on this and the space that follows..

Grateful Dead - March 21, 1991
Capital Centre - Landover, MD

from set one: Bird Song
Two Victim Or The Crime ; Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain ; Stir It Up ; Drums > Space > Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad //
Encore Box Of Rain

As always you can listen to the Deadpod here:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/deadshow/deadpod092107.mp3

Be well friends.. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

'91 a sweet show, loved the victim was one of my firstest shows

Jim said...

This is a tasty show. Hope you are feeling better. Cheers

Jim Groves said...

I think I caught every show at the old Cap Center (now a big "outdoor" style mall). This was a great show and the Stir It Up jam was amazing. I think everyone really thought Bobby or Jerry were going to start singing at any second.

Anyhow, while I love the sound when they are remastered, I hate the fact that you can not hear the audience whatsoever. That's where the goosebumps hide (know what I mean?).

DiamondJim

Matthew Brehm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.