Friday, July 04, 2008

Dead Show/podcast for 7/04/08

Happy 4th of July!!
Since this week's Deadpod falls on the 4th I decided to share a show that ranks up with some of the most memorable I ever attended - July 4th, 1990 at Sandstone Amphitheater in Bonner Springs, KS. Man was it ever *hot* - broiling - they had no ice at the venue.. I remember when certain substances kicked in and the sun was broiling us and we were giggling about that old frying pan commercial - "this is your brain on drugs".......
It was all worth it however when we were treated to this performance.. I'm bringing you the second set - which contains a fabulous Scarlet->Fire and a heart wrenching Stella Blue.. along with a rousing US Blues encore.. I hope you enjoy it!

Grateful Dead
Sandstone Amphitheatre Bonner Springs, KS 7/4/90 - Wednesday
Two Victim Or The Crime > Foolish Heart > Just A Little Light > Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain > Drums > Space > The Wheel > Gimme Some Lovin' > Stella Blue > Sugar Magnolia
Encore U.S. Blues

You can listen to the Deadpod here:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/deadshow/deadpod070408.mp3

I hope all of you have a WONDERFUL and SAFE 4th of July weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, you're absolutely right. That is quite a Scarlet>Fire...!

Anonymous said...

I was there too! I'd love to hear the first set, especially with the Cold, Rain, and Snow opener.

Anonymous said...

I loved this show! I think my friend taped this show as you can tell, slightly, that it's actually an AUD recording. Many thought it to be a board when we first heard it. The trick this night was to use the repeater stacks that were placed behind Dan and well beyond the tapers section. The repeaters provided excellent sound when you placed your mikes near it. You can hear some wind distortion however. I believe I've got a DAT->CD of the entire show hanging about. The first set isn't shabby either.

Like the little jab at Cold Rain to open the show.