Friday, June 19, 2009

Dead show/podcast for 06/19/09

This week's show is again, a fine example of the Summer tour of 1985 - this week the 2nd set from Blossom Music Center, June 25th, 1985. This set starts out with a great Gimme Some Lovin into a fine China ->Rider.. the Playin' is no slouch and it picks back up after Drums.. I hope you enjoy it!!

6/25/85 - Grateful Dead
Blossom Music Center
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Gimme Some Lovin' ->
China Cat Sunflower ->
I Know You Rider
Playing In The Band ->
Drums ->
Space ->
The Wheel ->
Playing In The Band ->
China Doll ->
Sugar Magnolia
e:
Touch Of Grey


You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/deadshow/deadpod061909.mp3

A Huge shout out and thank you to my great friends who've contributed to the Deadpod, including of course Keeley Electronics, and all of you who have donated to the show.. Thank You!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey professor any chance of a live new speedway boogie or unbroken chain tht would be great

the professor said...

We'll see - I have your request noted - I have quite a list or backlog of requests.. of course the unbroken chains were all in '95 - not a year that many folks want to revisit too often..

Unknown said...

I love that picture of the taper section that came with the iTunes podcast. Does anyone sell a poster of that image: http://tinyurl.com/tapersection. Love the Deadpod - keep those 70s shows coming :-)

Unknown said...

Hey Now Professor:

Takes me back to the day when I (and one Mister D. Fuhrer) actually attended the show in question. Was quite a night, Day Tripper opener and all. Jerry was on fire and the memories are everlasting. So here's to the memories my long time friend and thank you so very much for being you and putting this up. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Professor,

Thanks for the great shows week after week. I have to make a request, with respect to the backlog, if you could dig up 7/16/1970 sometime in the future, it would make my week!

the professor said...

Well.. I did play 7/16/70 before.. I try not to duplicate shows.. but I might be persuaded sometime..

Anonymous said...

Ah, you played it before. I'm new to the deadpod having been a listener for about 6 months. Is there a link to that podcast when you played it?

the professor said...

well it was published on the old KOPN web site - no longer exists there I guess :(
email me privately and I'll see if I have it in my archives and can send it to you..

- the prof

Anonymous said...

A Sincere THANK YOU to the professor for playing this excellent show from an interesting summer tour. I absolutely love Brent's contributions to the band and love the weird energy that came together on the Summer 85 tour. I'd been waiting long for one of these. Thanks for spinning my request! -Ryan