Friday, November 27, 2009

Dead Show/podcast for 11/27/09

Here's hoping you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I always like bringing you some great acoustic music over the holidays and this year is no different - I managed to pull out this recording from my collection - it features a favorite lineup of mine, the Jerry Garcia Accoustic Band and the famous Lunt-Fontainne theater in New York City..
The Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band consisted of:
I think you'll enjoy the sound on this recording and I hope the music brings a smile and helps you enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!

Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band, Wednesday 10/28/87, Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, New York, NY
Early Show
- Set 1 - Acoustic -
Deep Elem Blues
I'm Troubled
Spike Driver Blues
Blue Yodel No. 9 (Standing On The Corner)
Short Life Of Trouble
If I Lose
I'm Here To Get My Baby Out Of Jail
Oh Babe, It Ain't No Lie
Drifting Too Far From The Shore
Ragged But Right

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/deadshow/deadpod112709.mp3


As always I'm most grateful for your support - be well my friends!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Professor, Happy Thanksgiving. Loved the Pauley Pavilion show from last week, 4 Bands and a Dew. You have made Friday my favorite day of the week. I'm such a fan that I noticed that today's post is a repeat from 12/21/07. Looking forward to next Friday

Anonymous said...

Well done thanks!

the professor said...

Well sorry for the repeat - I try not to do that but this one slipped by in the rush surrounding the holiday..
-the professor

Anonymous said...

Prof.: Absolutely fabulous recording of Garcia at his awe-inspiring, virtuostic best. What a talent he was. What a shame He's Gone. Thanks for what I think is one of the finest Deadpods I've heard in the past 3+ years. Your show is the bomb.

Anonymous said...

Love the acoustic shows you share with us. Please keep 'em coming! Thanks!