Friday, September 16, 2011

Dead Show/podcast for 9 /16/11

This week we get to hear the second set from the Parmount Theater in Seattle Washington, September 29th, 1977. I think this is quite a nice set with an outstanding He's Gone, Stella Blue and an Uncle John's Band encore to soothe your soul... I hope you enjoy it!

In other news - the Europe 72 Vol. 2 CD contest is OVER! I received a goodly number of entries and I want to thank each of you for all the kind things you had to say! I'd love to respond to each of you but I probably don't have time so I hope you don't take offense - I also wish I had enough CDs for everyone but of course I don't.
I'll email the lucky winners and send those out within a few days. Please remember the CD is available at rhino.com and on dead.net.

Grateful Dead
Venue Paramount Theatre
Location Seattle, WA
Date 9/29/77 - Thursday

Set Two: Samson And Delilah [6:23] ; Ship Of Fools [6:59] ; Estimated Prophet [9:31] > He's Gone [11:04] > Drums [4:37] > Truckin' [9:#40] > Stella Blue [12:59] > Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad [7:58] > Johnny B. Goode [4:15]
Encore Uncle John's Band [9:49#]

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod091611.mp3


Thanks for listening and for your SUPPORT!
You can send a donation via the Donate button to the right of the page! thanks!

"Don't forget your hippie training!" - J. Garcia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a recording! Crystal clear. Who cares about a couple flubs; the show's 34 years old! A great one to play LOUD.

Anonymous said...

Professor - thank you thank you thank you. You help make sure The Music Never Stops!

Anonymous said...

Another great set! Listened to it a couple days ago, and have listened to several other since; but, if I remember correctly, Ship Of Fools was a sped-up version, and although this song can be hauntingly beautiful when done slowly, I truly enjoyed the variation.