Friday, September 30, 2011

Dead Show/podcast for 9/30/11

This week as we end the month of September, we get to listen to the 2nd set of a wonderful show from the seminal Madison Square Garden run that occurred back in the fall of 1990. This second set starts out with a tight and wonderful Eyes->Estimated->Foolish Heart. We then go into quite a nice drums->space, which takes us to a nice quiet place ripped open by Phil as the band turns into the Other One.. The Wheel and Sugar Magnolia end the set. Jerry's Knockin' on Heaven's Door ends the show as everyone thoughts turned to Brent..

Grateful Dead - September 18, 1990
Madison Square Garden - New York, NYSet 2:
Eyes Of The World ->
Estimated Prophet ->
Foolish Heart ->
Drums ->
Space ->
The Other One ->
The Wheel ->
Sugar Magnolia

Encore:
Knockin' On Heaven's Door

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod093011.mp3


Thanks for listening and for your SUPPORT!
You can send a donation via the Donate button to the right of the page - I really appreciate your support!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Show!Thank you.I really liked the Eyes of the World.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Professor...since I noticed that you're approving my posts only a couple minutes after I post them (and therefore, I kinda have your attention), I'd like to ask you a question:

I got turned onto your wonderful Deadpod almost exactly one year ago, and I've already listened to all of 2013 (thus far) and 2012, and am almost done with 2011. So, I've benefitted greatly from the service you so graciously provide. In the past year, I've donated about $50. I am grateful to say that money is not an issue for me, so I hope you'll give me a frank answer to my question, which is this: is that enough? I would guess that you'd be quite reluctant to provide an answer, as you probably don't wish to "tell" people how much they should be giving. But, I simply wish to ensure that (a) I'm pulling my weight; and (b) the Deadpod will never suffer from a lack of sufficient funds, and therefore have to come to an end someday. If The Music Never Stopped, I would be most delighted!

Thanks for your attention to my inquiry, Professor, and for all you do!

the professor said...

Certainly I would not presume to suggest what someone should donate - I very much appreciate a donation of $50.. Or any amount. My thanks !

Anonymous said...

Given that you are a gentleman and a scholar, I figured you'd say that. =)