Friday, October 14, 2011

Dead Show/podcast for 10/14/11

This week's Deadpod came as the result of two requests I received this week - its not unusual to get requests but it is to get two requests for the same show, both from brothers in Europe! Its a fine show, and even though I'd played a show from this year recently I think its worth hearing this one. Besides, something in the ether is wanting me to play this so here it is :) This comes to us from Wembley Arena in London England, from October 30th, 1990. This week's first set, features a nice start to the show, as well as a fine Valley Road by Hornsby to close the set. I hope you enjoy this one..

Grateful Dead - Oct-30-1990
Wembley Arena - London,England

SET1
Jack Straw
Bertha
Wang Dang Doodle
Brown Eyed Women
Queen Jane Approximately
Row Jimmy
Let It Grow
Jam
Valley Road

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod101411.mp3


Thanks for listening and for your SUPPORT!
My most sincere thanks for your kind support, without which I would not be able to produce the Deadpod each week..

5 comments:

GordySutherland said...

sincere thanks - the only show any of my kids attended (my wife was 6 months pregnant with Callum our youngest at the time) - he seems to have developed a guitar style that sure rings a bell;)

GordySutherland said...

sincere thanks - the only show any of my kids attended (my wife was 6 months pregnant at the time with Callum our youngest) - he seems to have developed a guitar style that seems very familiar ;)
appreciate all you do

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!Listened to this on my Ipod today and loved every minute.Fantastic Wang Dang Doodle.The whole set was awesome!

nobair said...

That show rocks...my first listen! Also, thanks for your respect to the synchronisity (sp?) of the requests...trully brought some personal touch to the comments. I remember my first show, mom and dad took me to soldier field 6/'93...I was hooked! I should query mom to see what bands I heard from her tummy!

Anonymous said...

Loved every bit of this set. I particularly enjoyed the piano work on Brown-Eyed Women...it made this version quite interesting. Also liked Bruce's accordion work: it truly makes this era of Dead music rather unique. During the Jam before Valley Road, it seemed like the band wanted to join in with Bruce a few times, buy they just couldn't seem to meld (Bruce was kinda all over the place). But, it was a fun listen!