Friday, July 08, 2016

Dead Show/podcast for 7/8/16

As we roll into the heart of summer, it seemed appropriate to me to bring you a show from the fine summer tour of 1990. A request from a listener to the Deadpod, we feature the first set of the Dead's performance on July 14th, 1990 at Foxboro Stadium in Foxboro MA. As was often the case during this tour it was a hot, hot day (my own memories of several shows cause me to break into a sweat). The boys open up with an appropriate 'Shakedown Street' opener, but then lead into one of my least favorite tunes 'Walkin' Blues'. Brent pulls them out of that slump with a fine version of 'Far From Me', followed by Jerry's 'Candyman'. Bobby redeems himself with 'Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again', a tune I personally always enjoy hearing. The set ends with 'Ramble on Rose' and an expected but early sighting of 'One More Saturday Night'. We'll hear an excellent set 2, next week.

Sullivan Stadium, Foxboro MA (7/14/90)

Shakedown Street
Walkin' Blues
Far From Me
Candyman
Stuck Inside of Mobile
Ramble on Rose
One More Saturday Night

You can listen to this week's Deadpod here:

My thanks for your support of the Deadpod! 

Hope you're having a great July! (I'm seeing Dead & Co on the 7th!) 



No comments: