Friday, January 25, 2008

Dead Show/podcast for 01/25/08

This week we'll listen to the second set from the first of the fine 'From Egypt with Love' concerts - October 17th, 1978.
A wonderfully well played set - I really enjoy the space, actually and of course, Jerry's "If I Had the World to Give".. Enjoy

Grateful Dead Winterland Arena San Francisco, CA 10/17/78 - Tuesday

Scarlet Begonias [9:35] > Fire On The Mountain [10:50] ; Estimated Prophet [11:45] > Eyes Of The World [13:#37] > Drums [11:52] > Space [8:49] > If I Had The World To Give [7:07] > Around And Around [9:10]
Encore U.S. Blues [4:46#]

As always you can listen to the Deadpod here:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/deadshow/deadpod012508.mp3


Be well and thanks for your support!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at these concerts, I remember they showed slides during the shows including Jerry and Graham on camels, lots or fun.
Rick from Vermont

Anonymous said...

I have been a faithful deadpod listener for a year now, since I discovered it. I especially love that it is broadcasted from Columbia, since I am originally from Kansas City! Now I am in New York City, and I look forward to a new deadpod every week.

I loved "Drums" this week. Always varied, but this one was really cool. Keep it up! I hope that you and your family recover from the flu.

Anonymous said...

This has always been one of my favorite shows, i had a casette of this tape that I played until it broke (literally). The transition from scarlet into fire is flawless. the detail is incredible. Anyways, thanks for the memories I look forward to the podcast every week

Dan
Madison, NH

Anonymous said...

Dear Professor: Thanks for sharing all the wonderful music. I'd like to request that you assign us all some more '73 (perhaps from the Fall run with the horns) to listen to. I promise that I will pay attention to that class!

Anonymous said...

Great set, but If I Had The World To Give was really special.