Friday, April 04, 2008

Dead Show/podcast for 4/4/08

This week we listen to the second set from September 21st, 1973 at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. This set starts with the last version of a song that I happen to really like, "Let Me Sing Your Blues Away", but when you hear it you can understand why it got dropped.. the rest of the set is much better however, and the addition of Joe Ellis and Martin Fierro on trumpet and sax respectively is amazing. I think you'll agree that the horns add a unique and lovely element to the arrangement on these songs.

Grateful Dead The Spectrum Philadelphia, PA 9/21/73 - Friday
Let Me Sing Your Blues Away ; Weather Report Suite Prelude > Weather Report Suite Part 1 > Let It Grow ; He's Gone > Truckin' > The Other One > Wharf Rat ; Row Jimmy ; Casey Jones (MISSING)
Encore One More Saturday Night

As always you can listen to the Deadpod here:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/deadshow/deadpod040408.mp3

Have a great week and thanks for listening!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

How about letting us hear both (or at least the 2nd) set of the 10/8/89 "Hampton Dark Star" show?

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I believe the Dark Star show was 10/9/89. 10/8/89 included Help>Slip!>Frank and Death Don't.

Anonymous said...

I just checked DeadLists, and the Death Don't appeared the second night. Otherwise, I was correct.

Anonymous said...

Professor..keep up the good work. I pick up your show every week via podcast on I Tunes. Love "The Dead" and I am learning more about them because of your show!

Terry

Anonymous said...

I've been subscribed to the deadpod since December 28th of this past year. Im a student at the university of alabama, and I always listen to the new podcasts on my way to class. It definitely brightens my day to be walking across the quad with the sun shining in my face with Bob and Jerry doing their best to cheer me up.

Thanks for all you're doing, keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I love this set!!!