Friday, October 19, 2012

Dead Show/podcast for 10/19/12

Those of you who are regular listeners of the Deadpod know that I generally can only go so long between regular doses of the Jerry Band..something told me the time was up this week so I went looking for a rocking JGB set to bring you and came across this recommendation.
Although advertised as an audience tape, I suspect this could be a matrix. While I'm not completely happy with how distant some of the vocals sound, I'm quite pleased with the sonic quality of the music - I hope you will be as well.
As for the preformance, the After Midnight->Eleanor Rigby->After Midnight, while perhaps not quite up to Keane College standards, is still very worth listening to.

Jerry Garcia Band
3-8-80
The Stone, San Francisco, CA  

(set 1)
Sugaree 
That's What Love Will Make You Do 
Simple Twist Of Fate
Tore Up Over You 
(set 2)
I'll Take A Melody 
How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You
After Midnight >
Eleanor Rigby Jam > 
After Midnight
When I Paint My Masterpiece >
Midnight Moonlight 
 
I hope you enjoy this my friends, you can listen to this week's Deadpod here: 
http://traffic.libsyn.com/deadshow/deadpod101912.mp3   
 
Thanks so much for your support - I couldn't imagine a better group of people than 
everyone who listens to the Deadpod! 
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice, I listened to it twice (already!)!! A real toe-tappin' gem

Thanks Professor!

AimlessBlade said...

Just found the DeadPod at the recommendation of a good buddy. Thank you so much Professor for all your good deeds! Good people like you are the reason 'the music never stopped!'...and never will. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Ahh The Stone, good times great memories. Thanks for takin' us back to 412 Broadway Professor.

MendoChris

Anonymous said...

Boy - JGB in Spring 80. Remember very well. Caught 2 shows on that tour & really loved every minute. Can't thank you enough Prof. (I'll have to admit it - around that time I was enjoying the JGB shows more than most of the Dead shows, so I can't thank you enough for sharing this music!).

Blair T said...

Thank you, Professor!

Jerry's guitar + the keys are straight heat.