Friday, July 31, 2009

Dead show/podcast for 7/31/09

This week we get to listen to the conclusion of this marvelous recording of March 23, 1972 at the Academy of Music, in NYC, NY.
The Dark Star here is spectacular.

Grateful Dead
March 23, 1972 Academy of Music, New York, New York

end of set 2:
Two Souls In Communion
Mexicali Blues
Dark Star
Big Boss Man
Not Fade Away ->
Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad ->
Not Fade Away
Crowd

You can listen to this week's deadpod here:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/deadshow/deadpod073109.mp3

I hope you enjoy the show.. my sincere thanks for your kind support!!! Be well my friends...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prof - I must disagree. To call the Dark Star here spectacular is an understatement. Thank you for sharing this amazing show!!

Michael said...

Professor....thanks for sharing a truly amazing show with all of us.

The past 3 Friday have been nothing short of musical bliss at my place.

Anonymous said...

any way of playing a live version of new speedway boogie please

Anonymous said...

Professor - These last 3 podcasts were some of the very very best. Thanks so much for sharing this great and timeless music. 72 & 73 are just so wonderful!!!

Corey said...

i could barely contain myself during this Darkstar (only reason i refrained was because i was in a Library). absolutely mind blowing goodness! thank you.

29er Rider said...

prof.

apparently about 13 or so of my shows dissapeared off my itunes.

any way i coul dget them back!?
loyal listener.

Anonymous said...

A stellar conclusion to an amazing show! Enjoyed hearing Two Souls for the first time; and what a Dark Star! It was monumental. During the central portion, I felt as if I were in the belly of a star that was changing form, with the orchestrated chaos of gases and matter swirling; and when the music transformed back to song's more recognizable melody, it was simply magical.

Thanks for three weeks of magic, Professor!